Welcome Stephanie Sparks – Administrative Assistant
Stephanie Sparks is our school’s new administrative assistant. Sparks graduated from St. Cloud State with a bachelor’s degree in English linguistics and a minor in TESL.
“I met so many fantastic people from different walks of life with amazing stories,” Sparks said. “I’ve kept in touch with them. We proudly called ourselves the ‘Grammar Girls.’ It was such a fantastic time!”
Sparks said she has dabbled in a lot of things because she loves learning so much. “I worked a bunch of different part-time jobs in high school and college to experience new things. From changing oil at Valvoline, to dog grooming at PetSmart, I even have a cosmetology license (I’m not good, don’t ask me to do your hair). I know a little bit about a lot of things,” she said.
Sparks is excited to join the Athlos team because she believes children are the best part of life. “They are so pure and inquisitive,” she said. “I absolutely love working on the front line, meeting new people, learning new things.”
When it comes to the Athlos Performance Character traits, Sparks said energy/zest resonates most with her. “Life is so much more fun with a spoon full of sugar and a smile in your heart,” she said. “That’s not to say that there aren’t hard times. Each person’s road has their own potholes. Surround yourself with positivity and you can get through anything.
- “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.” – Roald Dahl
- “I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.” – Rita Mae Brown
Three Fun Facts about Stephanie Sparks:
- I love singing. My sister told me that if I wrote an autobiography it would be titled “My Sing-Along Life.”
- I can identify any Disney song if given three words at any point in a song.
- My thing to do as a family is to visit zoos and aquariums. Any time my family vacations/road trips to a new city, we visit their zoo or aquarium! ZooMontana is my favorite zoo, and Great Lakes Aquarium in Duluth are my favorites so far.