Dear Athlos Families,
Thank you for your support as we have managed Distance Learning during the last month. We know that your children are eager to return to school. We miss seeing our students in-person and look forward to their return.
Following the announcement from Governor Walz, we will begin returning to school in-person in phases. As Governor Walz stated, based on Minnesota’s evolving knowledge and understanding of the virus, we know that children are less susceptible to serious complications from COVID-19 and we have also learned more about how to reduce the potential for spread in schools. In order to safely transition to an in-person learning model, the Minnesota Department of Health and Minnesota Department of Education requires schools to implement a rolling start process in which students will gradually be brought back to the building.
Return to School Plan
- January 19
- All students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade return to school.
- All students in 3rd-8th grade remain in distance learning.
- February 1
- All students in 3th-5th grade return to school.
- All students in 6th-8th grade remain in distance learning.
- The Minnesota Department of Education is still looking into the return of middle and high school students. The earliest students in grades 6th-8th grade could return would be February 15.
- Families who wish to remain in distance learning will have that option. We will have one teacher in each grade assigned to distance learning. Families who selected distance learning in the fall will receive communication regarding their future learning preferences.
Health and Safety Measures
- All students and staff will be required to wear face coverings.
- Temperature checks will occur every morning and parents will be required to pick up their children if they have a temperature of 100.4 or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please do not send your child to school if they have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Starting on January 19th, we will no longer distribute meals throughout the St. Cloud area. Families can pick up meals at school every Monday and Wednesday. Students who are attending on-campus will be served meals on-campus, and distance learning students can pick up meals at the school.
- We are working on the transportation schedules and routes and will send you updated information as soon as it is available.
- When your child returns to school, please return their borrowed laptop and other technology. Please return the technology to the front office.
Please stay tuned for further updates as they become available. We look forward to seeing all of you in person soon. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy so that we can continue our forward progress on behalf of all of our children at Athlos Academy of St. Cloud. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions via email or telephone.
Athlos Academy of St. Cloud