- This event has passed.
Special Education Advisory Council Meeting
Wednesday, January 30 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Athlos Academy of St. Cloud has a Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC). Their first meeting is January 30th at 5:00 pm. All are invited to attend.
The purpose of the SEAC is to collaborate with the Director of Special Education to:
- Address the unique needs of diverse learners so they can meet their maximum potential
- Promote an attitude of respect toward all students and a welcoming environment for all families
- Empower and support parents to effectively advocate for children
The SEAC does this by:
- Informing and educating parents, school staff, students and community members through workshops, websites, and printed materials
- Providing opportunities for parents and caregivers to connect with the schools, community resources and each other
- Promoting collaboration as a means to improve the education process for all learners
- Influencing change, policy, and procedures through researching needs and advocating for solutions
Visit the Student Support Services page for more information about Special Education. If you have any questions, please reach out to Emma Olson, Director of Special Education: email@example.com.