Position: Health Teacher
Reports to: Lead School Administrator
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Required: Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
Certification Required: Valid Minnesota teacher certification required or willingness to obtain certification.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
· Growth mindset
· Reflective practitioner
· Creative problem solver
· Willing to take risks
· Highly organized
· Effective at time management
· Seeks out professional learning
· Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/ protocols
· Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
· Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
· Good communicator and active listener
1. Plan, prepare, and deliver standards-based, student-centered instruction that engages all students and provides academic growth (following the mission, beliefs and strategies of Athlos Academies three pillars of performance)
2. Ensure student growth and achievement in accordance with grade level expectations
3. Differentiate instruction by student age and as needed to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students
4. Conducts lessons on health-related subjects, such as personal hygiene, public health, puberty and illness prevention.
5. Teaches knowledge and understanding of physiology, health and nutrition, anatomy, and biological functions.
6. Develops students’ concepts of nutrition, food groups, diet, caloric intake, vitamins, and related topics.
7. Works cooperatively with classroom teachers and physical education teachers in planning and implementing a balanced health education program.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to provide an orderly, productive environment in the classroom.
9. Participate in regular professional development, the school’s professional learning community and staff meetings to improve instruction
10. Work collaboratively and communicate professionally with school leadership and other staff members to maximize effective instructional activities and build positive school culture
11. Meet professional obligations by honoring schedules, deadlines, and all professional responsibilities
12. Demonstrate the standards for effective practices of teachers
13. Any other assigned duties as assigned
14. Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, and a copy of your teaching license to firstname.lastname@example.org