Position: Full-Time In-House Substitute Teacher
Supported by: Executive Director, Classroom Teacher
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Required: Experience working with K-8th grade students preferred.
Certification Required: Valid Minnesota teaching license or short call substitute license.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
· Growth mindset
· Reflective practitioner
· Creative problem solver
· Willing to take risks
· Highly organized
· Effective at time management
· Seeks out professional learning
· Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/protocols
· Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
· Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
· Good communicator and active listener
· Serve as a substitute in various K-8 classrooms, as needed
· Assist with management of student behavior and discipline, primarily for students with disabilities
· Uses the classroom management plan consistent with an assigned teacher’s techniques and school-wide standards
· Assists with student discipline including removal of disruptive students from class and escorting to office
· Undergoes training in managing the behavior of students per IEP requirements
· Helps supervise students in all areas of the school including pick-up/drop-off, recess, lunch, etc.
· Assists teachers with classroom instruction as assigned (individualized instruction, small groups, etc.)
· Helps teachers accommodate all students with IEPs
· Communicates student needs to general and special education teachers when appropriate
· Provides performance measurements to classroom teaching mentor to help with student progress
· Potentially meets with parent/guardians to discuss students’ needs and progress
· Other duties as assigned
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation, and a copy of your license to: email@example.com