Position: Physical Education / DAPE (Developmental/Adapted Physical Education) Teacher
Reports to: Lead School Administrator and Special Education Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, or related field.
Experience Required: Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
Experience Preferred: Teaching experience preferred. Candidates with experience working in pediatric athletic development particularly with K-12 student-athletes. Experience in participation with high school or college athletics is a plus. APC’s must be physically able to execute the activities that make up the Athlos Athletic Curriculum.
Certification Required: Valid Minnesota K-12 Developmental/Adaptive Physical Education teacher certification required or willingness to obtain certification. Valid teaching certificate with physical education endorsement, or willing to sit for their certification exam within the first year of hire. Ideally possess a CSCS certification from National Strength and Condition Association or other exercise science certification.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
· Growth mindset
· Reflective practitioner
· Creative problem solver
· Willing to take risks
· Highly organized
· Effective time management
· Seeks out professional learning
· Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/protocols
· Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
· Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
· Good communicator and active listener
1. Implement the Athlos Athletic Curriculum to help develop physical literacy in students.
2. Appropriately differentiate activities to account for student’s physical capabilities.
3. Plan, prepare, and deliver instruction that engages students and provides academic growth.
1. Responsible for case management of special education students
2. Complete required Due Process procedures within mandated time frames.
4. Be an active presence in the school community.
5. Ensure student growth and achievement in accordance with grade level expectations.
6. Model the Athlos culture.
7. Responsible for tracking student attendance, behavioral issues, and classroom events.
8. Participate in regular professional development.
9. Communicate with parents and the community regularly and professionally.
10. Communicate regularly with school leadership and other faculty to maximize instructional activities.
11. Participate in the school’s professional learning community to enhance learning objectives.
12. Meet professional obligations by honoring schedules and deadlines.
13. Demonstrate the standards for effective practices of teachers in the Minnesota Standards of Effective Practice.
14. Any other assigned duties.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, and a copy of your teaching license to email@example.com